Today we went back to the pool to take measurements and collect data. We measured how fast our sub moved through the water. We did this by measuring out ten feet and then having our sub go the ten feet in water. Then measuring the time and with the data evaluating the percent error, the speed in MPH and in feet per second.
Today we went back to the pool and were able to "fly" our ROV. We have video and and finally figured out how everything works in water. It is kind of slow but very maneuverable. We now need to work more on our website as there is still much work to do.
Today we went to the pool today to test our craft. it worked well exept for the wires were pulling the back down, to counter the problem we attached floats to the wires in order to stop them from pulling it down. his would keep the wires from pulling the ROV down in the back making it go straight up and down
Today we fixed our buoyancy problem, We did this by attaching floats all over the craft. We also drilled holes in the pic piping to flood the craft, making it the correct buoyancy needed for our project. The next class we hope to put our craft in the pool, so we can test the motors, and see how well it moves underwater.
Today we tested our machine in an extra guppy tank to try to corrector buoyancy problem. We are hoping that we will finish soon, so we can get back to testing in the pool. This helped us realize how to fix our buoyancy problem. This was a very useful day
Today we finished our circuit board and are looking to connect our motors in the near future
Thank you to Dr. Figueroa and Mr. Umekubo
this is the day after we went to Pali high and found out that one of our motors was not connected properly. today we fixed the motor and tested it in the pool. We found out that the buoyancy is not correctly done, so we will have to fix it using weights and floats.
Forgot to take a picture today, but we worked more on our circuit board. We know this will take along time but we hope to be done with it tomorrow for the dive day. It is very close, where we only have a couple more wires to solder. we hope to be testing soon, so we can find any errors, in our design.
Today we build most of our circuit board and soldered a lot of wires We hope to be done soon as the Pali dived nears, We are hoping that we will be able to test our machine in the Pali pool where the water is deep and have a lot of space to test.
Today we attached our motors to our PVC structure and also figured out how to use the circuit board. But we ran into trouble as our circuit board was not soldered properly, so we will have to build a new one. This will e a setback, probably costing us a few independent study days.
Today we finished the PVC structure of our ROV and also tested our motors in water to see the power of each one. This completed the top half of our structure which makes it complete. also we found out that our motors will have different rpm's so the top will be able to push the structure down.